The holidays are coming... so we have a special Christmas gift idea for you: homemade matcha-white chocolate bark!
It is surprisingly easy (and fun!) to make, the combination of white chocolate and matcha has proven to be amazing in many other recipes before: the rich, sweet taste of white chocolate goes perfectly with the fresh, earthy character of matcha. It is indeed so good, no doubt about it!
If you are someone who loves to make DIY gifts for your loved ones, this is such a simple, but lovely and visually stunning idea.
Ready in minutes and you are absolutely going to wow everyone!
When it comes to garnishes, there is about an endless number of possibilities: sesame seeds, freeze-dried fruit, orange zest, pistachios, coarse sea salt, cranberries...
Be sure to share your creations with us on Instagram or Facebook! :)
- 250 grams white chocolate
- 1 tsp M Matcha Culinary vagy M Matcha Premium
- 1 or 2 tsp coconut oil (as needed)
- freeze-dried raspberries (optional, for garnish)
- black sesame seeds (optional, for garnish)
- organic orange zest (optional, for garnish)
1. Melt white chocolate in a glass/metal bowl over boiling water. Add a few teaspoons of coconut oil, if needed. This helps to make it silkier and more manageable.
2. Place a tablespoon of melted white chocolate in a small bowl and mix matcha powder into it. Using a spatula, spread the remaining melted white chocolate into a 2-3 mm thick layer on a tray/baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
3. Add dollups of the matcha-white chocolate mixture into the melted white chocolate. Use either a toothpick or a knife to create swirls in the bark, using a circular or 8-shaped motion. It doesn't have to be perfect, just play around with it as you like ;)
4. Sprinkle with your toppings of choice and let it harden either at room temperature or place in the refrigerator for about an hour.
5. Break or cut into pieces.
+1 tip: place your matcha-white chocolate bark gift in a beautiful glass jar to avoid unnecessary packaging. :)