You are going to love this minty, ginger-y matcha lemonade recipe! Not only is it wonderfully refreshing and yummy, it also has amazing health-boosting properties.
Okay, so what are these?
Firstly, there is the matcha tea, which has fantastic health benefits such as:
- it is incredibly rich in antioxidants
- provides long-lasting energy since its caffeine is absorbed a lot more slowly into the bloodstream
- helps with concentration and focus
- helps to prevent cardiovascular disease, diabetes or stroke
- alleviates stress, promotes better mood
- speeds up metabolism and boosts fat burning
Mint can be a great help to those with digestive issues. Menthol helps to alleviate muscle spasms and promotes a healthy digestive tract.
Moreover, both lemon and ginger promote better energy and metabolism, and they also have powerful antioxidants and support immune function.
So see below your recipe for a super refreshing & energizing summer lemonade that is perfect for those hot days!
2x500 ml water
4 tsp M Matcha Culinary
A small piece of ginger
sweetener to taste (honey, coconut sugar syrup or maple syrup)
1. Boil water. To make ginger tea, first slice ginger and pour half of your boiling water over it. Cover with a lid.
2. The other half of the boiled water will be used to make matcha tea. Wait a couple of minutes so the water cools down a bit, then mix with matcha powder using a bamboo whisk or a hand whisk.
3. Add ginger and matcha tea to a pitcher, then add the juice of the lemons and limes as well as your sweetener of choice.
4. For garnish, slice up a lime and a lemon and add them to your drinking glasses along with some ice cubes and mint leaves (alternatively, you can use cucumber slices too), then pour the matcha-ginger tea over it. Enjoy! :)